Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Welcome to the blog!

Dearest my lovelies of class 823,

For some of you, this is going to be your third year with me as your teacher. For others, it might be your second or first year. In the end, we are all in this together this year, your final year at Urban Science Academy.

The title of this blog is "College Bound" because I have faith that you all will be accomplished college graduates. You are destined to achieve all that you wish to achieve but you must work hard and believe in yourselves. I have faith in you, but I cannot get you to college. I can only lead you to the right path, but it is up to YOU to get yourselves to where you want to be in life.

As we continue to work, to learn, and to spend time together, I know that we will grow into a strong community of change-agents, leaders, and learners. I am so impressed with your strong start this year. I know that I am hard on you, but it's my tough love and high expectations for you. I will push you this year like you have never been pushed before, and at times, you will feel frustrated and angry with me, but as I always say, "hate me now, thank me later." I push you because I know you will prevail in the end.

Continue to work hard and to be the amazing individuals that you are. I am fortunate to teach you all and look forward to the rest of the year.

Love,
Ms. Simmons

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for being there for me 3 years in a row.thank you for not giving up on me and pushing me to do the right thing. sierously am thankful.

Anonymous said...

i hope im doing good in your class.lol nah but im trying my best.i hope its good enogh.i want to go to a good school next year so im going to try harder. thanks for listening.love your best student.lol