Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Writing: Writing Paragraphs

TOPIC SENTENCE
What is the topic sentence?
The topic sentence is the first sentence in a paragraph.

What does it do?
It introduces the main idea of the paragraph.

How do I write one?
Summarize the main idea of your paragraph. Indicate to the reader what your paragraph will be about.

SUPPORTING SENTENCES (DETAILS)
What are supporting sentences?
They come after the topic sentence, making up the body of a paragraph.

What do they do?
They give details to develop and support the main idea of the paragraph.

How do I write them?
You should give supporting facts, details, and examples.

CLOSING SENTENCE

What is the closing sentence?
The closing sentence is the last sentence in a paragraph.

What does it do?
It restates the main idea of your paragraph.

How do I write one?
Restate the main idea of the paragraph using different words.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hii Ms.Simmons,

Writiing this for two reasons.First to let you know that I am so happy to be in your class this year again.Second, for the HW...Just letting you know that i read this section.

♥,
Jehiiza

Anonymous said...

Dear Ms.Simmons,

I'm writing you this message to let you know that I still need a little more help with writing paragraphs.I'm trying, but at times i don't really get it.

I'll try harder.__x3
Shantel Maldonado

Unknown said...

Ms.Simmons,

I can write paragraphs but at times I need help on how to end them.

♥,
Jehiiza